Strategic scientific directions of development of TC
FUNDAMENTAL AND FUNDAMENTALLY – ORIENTED RESEARCHES:
- Fundamental researches of fine structure, mechanisms of deformation and destruction of metallic, intermetallic and polymer materials, including under the influence of various factors (temperature, radiation, etc.);
- Investigations of static and cyclic strength of aeronautical GTE and power energetic units materials in terms simulating operation conditions at temperatures up to 1400 ° C and durability up to 10,000 hours;
- Development of the standard samples of the composition, structure and properties of perspective nanostructured composite intermetallic materials and alloys for various purposes;
- Models development of heat transmission processes, simulation of models of composite materials structures and calculation of heat transmission in these structures, a description of thermal processes in structure of material;
- 3D reconstruction of structural elements distribution and establishment of mechanisms for structure formation of crystalline and non-crystalline materials, including composites, protective and functional coatings during phase transformations, deformation and destruction, based on joint application of simulation, high-resolution (0.1 nm) analytical methods of electron microscopy and X-ray crystal analysis;
- Research of deformation and destruction processes of perspective materials on nanolevel for the purpose of simulation of their structural stability under the long-term operation conditions, with the application of modern extra-high-power computers;
- Development of new methods and procedures of X-ray-fluorescence, atomic-emissive, optical-emissive, gas, mass-spectrometric and layerwise chemical analysis of perspective materials for aviation application;
- Solution of methodological problems of thermal physical experiment and development of measurement procedures according to the international level.
INTRODUCING A PASSPORT SYSTEM, QUALIFICATION, STANDARDIZATION AND RESEARCH OF MATERIALS:
- Development of electronic data base for issuing reference guide on calculative values of characteristics of structural materials strength for aerospace engineering (analog reference-guide MMPDS-02 (Metallic Materials Properties Development and Standardization issuing in USA);
- Implementation of full complex of qualification tests in accordance with the requirements of international and national standards in the range of temperatures from -196 to +1600°С;
- Development of methodology of carrying out laboratory and full-size tests of materials against fire safety ;
- Development of regulatory system of a passport system and qualification of materials (passport, technology regulations, technical conditions).
NON-DESTRUCTIVE TEST AND CONTROL METHODS:
- Non-destructive control methods with deep computing visualization of results and computer recovering of 3D inner structure of subjects;
- Probabilistic estimation of authenticity of results of nondestructive test;
- Investigation of structural changes development in parts of gas turbine engines and airframe in service ;
- Development of reconditioning technologies of parts and assemblies;
- Mathematic modeling of physical processes of nondestructive control;
- Development of techniques and uniform standards as far as adoption of new technologies and nondestructive inspection aids in manufacturing sites.
- Development of training system and certification of specialists on nondestructive inspection of aeronautical engineering.