FOIL,DISCS AND PLATES OF BERYLLIUM
Technologies of foil manufacture of ≥0,01mm thickness, plates and discs from it, brazing and adhesion technology for manufacture of x-ray tube windows and apparatus for scientific investigations have been developed. Delivery of products is performed against agreements.
BERYLLIUM X-RAY BRAZED WINDOWS
- unique technology of beryllium plates, foils and brazed windows manufacture;
- technology of vacuum brazing of beryllium with monel, copper and stainless steel;
- special solders;
- systems of corrosion protective coatings.
- radiation transmission of beryllium foil is 17 times higher than aluminum one;
- airtightness of brazed windows is 10-9÷10-10 mbar·l/s,
- defined by helium leakage;
- embrittlement of welded joints is excluded;
- heat resistance of brazed joints is up to 800°С;
- absence of harmful influence of beryllium products (owing to the developed system of protective coatings)
Field of application:
- medicine engineering;
- means for examination of loads in airports;
- x-ray sources and sensors;
- flaw detectors;
- special technical devices.
WELDABLE HIGH-STRENGTH ALUMINUM ALLOYS OF HIGHER STIFFNESS AND LOWER DENSITY OF АL–ВЕ–МG SYSTEM
ABM1 – weldable high-strength aluminum alloy of higher stiffness and lower density (base-AMg6 type alloy, containing 30% of beryllium). Easy-to-manufacture under pressure treatment. Manufacture of sheets (thickness from 0,8 to 12 mm), bands, bars, tubes, pressed profiles has been implemented. The alloy possesses a good weldability (σв.weld/σв=0,75–0,9).It is recommended for usage in corrosion dangerous zones, welded and riveted structures, including for interior framework of airplane fuselage, ekranoplans, airships and space aircrafts, in components of structures, where the main criteria is high stiffness and specific strength. It was applied as braces of solar batteries in space stations «Venus-8», «Venus-9». It was tested when manufacturing of structural components for ASA «Buran».
ABM2 – average strength aluminum of higher stiffness and lower density (base - AMg6 type alloy, containing 20% of beryllium). Easy-to-manufacture under pressure treatment. Recommended for usage in structure components, where the main criteria is high stiffness and specific strength.
ABM3 – high modulus alloy of lower density (base - AMg6 type alloy, containing 70% of beryllium).Of all aluminum containing alloys ABM3 possesses the highest specific stiffness (Е/d=10200 km (ref. un.) и удельной прочностью (σв/d=27 km (ref. un.)). Recommended for components of structures, where the main criteria is high stiffness and specific strength at temperatures up to 250°С.
ABM4 – weldable high-strength aluminum alloy of higher stiffness and lower density (base-AMg6 type alloy, containing up to 45% of beryllium).The alloy possesses satisfactory weldability (σв.weld./σв= 0,7–0,8) and is recommended for components of structures, in which the main criteria is high stiffness and specific strength at temperatures up to 250°С.
VAB-1 - Аl–Li–Be average strength alloy of higher stiffness (containing up to 2,8% of beryllium). Easy-to-manufacture under pressure treatment, applied as cladded with aluminum.
Manufacture of bars, bands, pressed profiles, sheets was implemented. It is recommended for parts of interior frame primary structure.
Applied for parts of aircrafts structures, operating at temperatures up to 500–700°С, where a higher stiffness in combination with high specific strength or definite physical (including nuclear) properties are required.
Low temperature coefficient of linear expansion (TCLE) of beryllium (near to TCLE of steel) allows to manufacture parts of high precision and high surface quality for using of this metal in precise apparatus.
Beryllium wire may be applied as efficient reinforcer in composite materials.
ALUMINUMBERYLLIUM MASTER ALLOY
Applied for beryllium introduction in aluminum and magnesium alloys, aimed at:
- reduction of their oxidability;
- increase of strength characteristics;
- reduction of volume of non-metallic inclusions and shells in alloys;
- improvement of their castability;
- prevention of alloying elements burning out.
Technology of master alloy manufacture provides a lower content of gases and oxide inclusions in it. Delivered as ingots, bars of different length.
BERYLLIUM BRONZE, COPPER-BERYLLIUM MASTER ALLOY
Field of application:
- manufacture of flexible contact elements,
- sparkproof bearings and other parts.
- doesn’t spark under impacts;
- high corrosion resistance;
- high mechanical properties and thermal physical characteristics.
ARTICLES FROM BERYLLIUM ( OPTICAL MIRRORS,BRAKES,PLATFORMS,GIROSCOPES )
Field of application:
- brake discs and frames of fuselage cabin transparency of aerospace systems;
- mirrors for optical systems;
- parts of navigation instruments.
- beryllium grade (TShGT) for manufacture of brake discs;
- machining technologies;
- technologies of heat treatment and brazing of large-size mirrors ( diameter 1200mm);
- protective corrosion-resistant coatings and technology of their application;
- technologies of wear-resistant coatings application on a base of silicon carbide;
- successful tests were carried out in structure of ASA «Buran».