Production of powder solders
Production of powder solders. VIAM established a specialized research and production complex for trying-out trial and industrial technologies for production of nickel and titanium powder solders by gas-jet atomization of melt. Specialized VIGA-type trial unit - gas atomizer HERMIGA 10/100 VI produced by PSI (UK) was put into operation.
Developed technology for manufacturing of powders provides:
- obtaining powders of spherical shape (almost complete absence of particles in the form of needles, flakes, etc.);
- increasing the yield of powder as compared with the currently applied method of grinding amorphous tapes – 1.5-2 times (up to 90% of the melt weight);
- high homogeneity of granulometric composition of powders (more than 80% of the mass fraction of melting is 40-100 microns in size);
- possibility of production of ultra-fine (15-20 microns) powders with 50% yield;
- reducing the cost of solder powder in comparison with the method of grinding amorphous ribbons by 20-30%.
Production of solders of the following brands: VPr24, VPr27, VPr32, VPr36, VPr37, VPr42, VPr44, VPr50 etc.