Director of IOC RAS has visited VIAM
On May 20, 2015, Academician of RAS Mikhail P. Egorov, director of N. D. Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry of Russian Academy of Science (IOC RAS) has visited the All-Russian Scientific-Research Institute of Aviation Materials (VIAM).
In the course of the visit he became acquainted with scientific-research and testing complexes, laboratories and hi-tech small-capacity production bays.
Academician of RAS, Evgeny N. Kablov, Director General of VIAM, told the guest about strategic directions of development of materials and technologies and their processings for the period until 2030, advanced developments of the Institute and future plans. In addition, Mikhail Egorov and Evgeny Kablov discussed promising directions of cooperation.
In turn, specialists of the Institute told the director of IOC RAS about the last achievements of VIAM in the field of materials science and demonstrated to him the work of unique equipment.
Mikhail Egorov appreciated highly the scientific and technical equipment of VIAM and its production capabilities. In his opinion, modern process facilities of the Institute are effectively used for providing our country with necessary modern materials and technologies.
Mikhail P. Egorov is a leading scientist in the field of physic organic and hetero-organic chemistry. He was born on the 1st November, 1953 in Zvenigorod, Moscow Region. In 1976 he graduated the Chemistry Department of M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University. After graduation the postgraduate school of this department, in 1980 he has defended his thesis. In 1984 he started his work in the N. D. Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry of AS USSR. Since 2003 he has become the Director of IOC RAS. Since 1997, he is corresponding member of RAS and since 2008 – the full member of RAS.
The N.D. Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry RAS is one of the leading scientific-research institutes of Russian Academy of Science in the field of Chemistry. The Institute was founded in the former USSR on the 23rd of November 1933 thanks to amalgamation of a number of organic chemistry schools under the leadership of leading scientists. Among them were Academicians A. E. Favorsky, N.D. Zelinsky, V.N. Ipatyev, A.E. Chichibabin and later N.Y. Demyanov, M.A. Ilyinsky and others. In 1953 the Institute was named after N.D. Zelinsky who headed the Institute from 1936 up to 1953.