SATURDAY COMMUNITY SERVICE AT THE MONUMENT TO HEROES
On April 25, 2015, the initiative group of VIAM employees made the Saturday community service to improve the appearance of the monument to the 7th division soldiers of the people's emergency volunteer corps of the Bauman district of Moscow.
The monument is installed at the 242th kilometer of the Minsk highway, on the site of the defense line of the 7th division in October 1941. At this place, the soldiers of the Bauman district armed with Mosin rifles only within a week kept the well-armed German fascists not letting them to develop the offensive on the capital.
The VIAM employees also observed a minute of silence in memory of soldiers of the 7th Division. They laid a wreath, flowers and lighted candles at the memorial.
According to Alexei Smirnov, chairman of the VIAM Council of Young Scientists and Specialists, to honor the memory of fallen soldiers of World War II and to preserve the history is the duty of each of us. "The inscription on this monument reads as follows: «Here, the citizen soldiers of the Bauman district fought to the bitter end to defend Moscow. 1941. Stridden into immortality». There is no exaggeration to say that these words are a symbol of will, courage and heroism of our people", - he said.
It should be noted that the 7th Division was formed on July 3-7, 1941. More than 12 thousand people, among them employees of VIAM, "Aerogeopribor" plant, teaching staff and students of Bauman Moscow State Technical University, Moscow Engineering-Economic Institute, Moscow State university of Environmental Engineering and representatives of many other enterprises of the district have enlisted the Division.